Here are some websites Essex Mums and Dads might find handy. If you have something you would like to see added, please email me at email@example.com
For shops and services please take a look at the Directory
- Action for Children is a children's charity that supports and speaks out for the UK's most vulnerable and neglected children and young people.
- Away with the Kids The Travel Directory for Families - Away with the Kids lists fabulously child and family friendly holidays in the UK and Ireland ranging from luxurious hotels, self-catering cottages and fun-filled farms to tipis, camper vans and castles – take a look, you may be inspired.
- Billericay Essex Your online community guide to Billericay
- Billericay Families' Information A one-stop shop of useful contacts and information for families in Billericay.
- Billericay Parents Forum A local charity run ‘for parents, about parents, by parents’ offering support through really helpful, friendly parenting courses, led by trained parents, which cover all age groups from birth to teens, drop-in sessions and open evenings.
- BLESS Support for bereaved parents
- Bliss Bliss, the special care baby charity, provides vital support and care to premature and sick babies across the UK.
- EatLeigh Describes restaurants, takeaways, pubs, bars and food shops in Leigh on Sea.
- Essex Cloth Nappy Network The Essex Cloth Nappy Campaign was established in 2000 to encourage parents and carers to try cloth nappies as an alternative to disposable nappies. The campaign has evolved into a continual educational programme, helping to raise awareness throughout Essex. The latest development is the introduction of the Essex Cloth Nappy Network.
- The Essex Factor The ultimate guide to Essex Venues including a free venue finding service.
- EssexSites The Website Directory for Essex Households
- Essex Views Community network for Essex.
- Families InFocus (Essex) A leading independent parent led registered charity providing holistic support to families of children with disabilities and special needs (aged 0 to 19) across Essex, who require advice, information and support, particularly at times of change, challenge and crisis.
- Professional Fostering Five Rivers seeks to find and train Professional Foster Carer for the Children and Teenagers in our Care
- Greatvine Greatvine.com offers you individual advice and support, by phone, direct from the country's best experts.
- Health Visitors Parents and health visitors in partnership.
- H.E.L.P (Hope & Encouragement for Lone Parents) Support and encouragement for lone parents in a fun, exciting, energetic and relevant way for the people of today
- Helpful Tips and advice over various topics involving childcare, parenting, pregnancy and health.
- KidsClubNetwork - for 100's of kids clubs, after school and holiday activities in Essex.
- Life After Maternity Leave - Provides information and support to new or ‘new again’ parents as they make decisions about returning to work, balancing a career with parenthood and defining what life will be like for them ‘After Maternity Leave’.
- Little Angels Little Angels (Darwen) CIC is a Community Interest Company which promotes, supports and protects breastfeeding. It aims to make breastfeeding fashionable, whilst offering evidence based information and support in a friendly and approachable manner. It does this by offering peer support through employment of the local community.
- Mum's the Word Aims to keep local mums informed of places to go with their babies and provide opportunities to meet new friends.
- National Childbirth Trust Offers support in pregnancy, childbirth and early parenthood. The Trust aims to help all parents enjoy an experience of pregnancy, birth and early parenthood which enriches their lives and gives them confidence in being a parent.
- NHS North East Essex NHS services for mums in Colchester and Tendring areas.
- Nutritonist Support Aims to provide the UK with a huge nutrition support network, enabling those in need to find a nutritionist close to them and appropriate for their needs
- Parents 1st Not for profit organisation running a programme called Birth Buddies and Pregnancy Pals with specially trained volunteers that work in the West Basildon and Thurrock areas supporting pregnant mums (and dads).
- Parents' Aid Parents' Aid offers preventative services, designed to preserve the integrity of family life, to families at risk of social exclusion.
- Parentline Plus Family life today is complicated and Parentline Plus understands. We’re the leading national charity providing help and support to anyone caring for children – parents, grandparents, step-parents, relatives – for families living together as well as apart.
- Southend Family Information Service A free and impartial information service for mums, dads and carers of children and young people aged 0-19
- Southend InfoBar Free Community Toolbar for Southend-on-Sea
- Sure Start Sure Start
brings together childcare, early
education, health and family-support services for families with
5 years old. See the Children's
Centres page in the Directory for more detailed information
about Sure Start centres
- TakeCare Online personality assessments of Nannies, Au Pairs and Babysitters. Easy to use, affordable and available anywhere and anytime.
- Wickford Extended Services
Click here to subscribe to the Essex Mums Newsletter
This website and its content is copyright of Essex Mums - © Essex Mums 2013. All rights reserved.